We are JSR Micro, a public limited company governed by Belgian law, having our registered address at Technologielaan 8, 3001 Leuven, Belgium, and registered with the Register of Legal Entities of Leuven, Belgium under company number 0429.388.316, hereinafter referred to as “JSR”, “we”, “us” and “our”.
With this privacy and data protection policy (“Policy”), we describe how we process any information relating to you or allowing your direct or indirect identification (“Personal Data”) concerning our business. In particular, we explain how and why we collect your Personal Data, what we do with it, with whom we share it, how we protect it, how long we store it and we inform you of your rights.
If you accept the provisions of this Policy, this means that you agree with us processing your Personal Data in the ways set out herein.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION?
JSR is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data and will act as the data controller.
We care about your privacy. You can reach us for all your Personal Data and Policy related questions, remarks, complaints or other enquiries via e-mail or post, whichever suits you best. You may address your messages to our privacy contact point.
Address: Technologielaan 8, 3001 Leuven
3. PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA: WHICH TYPES DO WE COLLECT, FOR WHAT PURPOSE, ON WHICH LEGAL GROUND, AND FOR HOW LONG?
Below you can find an overview of the Personal Data that we process, on which legal ground we base ourselves to do so, the purposes of that processing and the applicable retention periods.
A. Types of Personal Data
Please note that we process the following Personal Data:
- Identification: name, surname, and date of birth;
- Contact: e-mail address, phone number, and postal address;
- Profession: your professional activity, employer or role; and
- Technical data: such as the IP address of the device you access our website on, allowing us to identify your location.
We do not process any special categories of Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health data or data concerning someone’s sexual activity.
B. Legal grounds
When we process your Personal Data, we will always rely on one of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract with you: when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are a party to or in order to take the steps at your request to enter into a contract.
- Our legitimate interest: when processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, except where our interests are overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Your consent: we may occasionally ask you for your specific permission to process some of your Personal Data, and we will only do so if you give your permission. Please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time; and
- Compliance with laws: in some cases, we are required to process your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
C. Purposes of processing
We will only process your Personal Data for specific purposes. Please note that we do not intend to further process your Personal Data for a purpose other than described below.
We will process your Personal Data in relation to any purchase orders or enquiries about our products and services, as well as any job applications for open positions at JSR, and for the proper functioning of our website (https://www.jsrmicro.be/).
Furthermore, we will process your Personal Data for other interactions we may have with you. For example, if you contact us with any questions, remarks, complaints or other enquiries we will process your Personal Data to respond to your enquiry.
D. Retention period
We will only store your Personal Data as long as necessary while ensuring appropriate protection of your personal information. How long we keep your Personal Data depends on the purpose and legal ground we use it for as described in this Policy.
For example, we will remove or anonymize your Personal Data processed on the legal basis of the performance of an agreement ten years after the expiry of that agreement. Furthermore, we will remove or anonymize your Personal Data processed on the legal ground of our legitimate interest when our legitimate interest becomes overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
In case you have submitted a complaint or enquiry, we will store your Personal Data relating to your request for a period of five years starting the day after we receive your complaint or enquiry, after which we will anonymize or delete all your Personal Data you have provided us within this context.
4. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on the purposes for which we collect your Personal Data, we may share your Personal Data with one of our distributors, service providers, affiliates or other group companies.
Please note that no recipient is located outside the European Economic Area, except for JSR affiliates or group companies. For the latter, we will provide appropriate safeguards for the protection of your Personal Data through standard contractual clauses consistent with GDPR.
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have a set of technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your Personal Data against unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures are been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and in accordance with current industry standards and practice. Your Personal Data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures.
6. WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Please note you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your Personal Data:
- Right to access and correction: you have the right to access your Personal Data. Before providing access, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us for security purposes. If we agree that we are obliged to grant you access, we will do so free of charge but only for your first and reasonable request. If the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, you may always ask us to correct any inaccuracies;
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request a restriction of processing if we are not entitled to use your Personal Data (anymore) or if you contest its accuracy;
- Right to object processing: where applicable, you have the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for certain purposes;
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have any of your Personal Data erased (except in some cases, for example, to prove a transaction or when required by law); and
- Right to data portability: under certain conditions, you have the right to receive your Personal Data, which you have provided to us, in a commonly used, structured machine readable format and to transmit your Personal Data to any third party of your choice.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards. Please find our contact information under paragraph 2 “Who is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data and what is their contact information?”.
8. HOW CAN YOU LODGE A COMPLAINT?
If you do not agree with the way we process your Personal Data, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority (“Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit” / “Autorité de protection des données”) acting as the supervisory authority:
Telephone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
Address: Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
9. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We may modify this Policy from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed on how we process and protect your Personal Data.
This Policy was last updated on October 25th, 2021.